GALLERY: Have a look around Ely’s new boutique hotel
- Credit: Archant
ELY’S new boutique hotel, Poets House, officially opened to the public this week.
The mayor of Ely, Cllr Will Burton, his deputy Cllr Elaine Griffin-Singh and a host of other dignitaries were invited to the hotel, in St Mary’s Street, on Thursday evening for the ceremonial opening.
The hotel boasts 21 lavishly-decorated bedrooms.
Some have free-standing Victorian copper baths near the bedstead and there is also a butler service, plush restaurant, function room and conservatory-style bar.
The hotel has a black and grey theme and seeks to bring together the best of 21st century technology and style with Victorian detailing.
You may also want to watch:
Original paintings set in classic wooden frames are prominent features in all rooms and sit comfortably alongside modern creature comforts, including wireless docking stations and digital telephones.
Some 25 staff have been hired to keep the hotel ticking over and the guests satisfied.
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
There is everything from car valet to room service catered for - probably a first for Ely!
To celebrate the opening, Poets House is offering a special introductory rate for its rooms..
To find out more visit www.thehousecollection.com