GALLERY: Help for Heroes and the Paul Caller Appeal benefit from Hereward Concert Band event
HEREWARD Concert Band performed its third annual musical extravaganza to raise money for two charities.
The band came together especially for the event at Neale-Wade Community College, in March, in aid of Help for Heroes and the Paul Caller Appeal.
Mr Caller was head of music at Neale-Wade and after his death a fund was set up in his memory to pay for music tuition for three students each year.
A 50-piece band of woodwind and brass players, comprising of past and present Neale-Wade students, were joined by professional musicians from Fenland and ex-military personnel.
Included in the diverse programme was well-known music from the stage and film, such as Star Wars and the main theme from Mission Impossible.
You may also want to watch:
There were also pieces from the classical repertoire including Beethoven’s Egmont overture and The Great Gate of Kiev by Mussorgsky.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level