GALLERY: Hounds in fancy dress among star attractions of West Walton dog show and fete
- Credit: Archant
FOUR-LEGGED princesses and businessmen were among the fancy dress entrants at a dog show which helped raise funds for a village church.
Saturday’s dog show and fete was the first of what will become an annual event for St Mary’s Church, West Walton.
The dog show was organised by Carole Martin, supported by Debbie Glover and Sam White. Sponsors included Nimax of Wisbech, Pets at Home, Tilney St Lawrence Pet Store and Goldings Feeds of Outwell.
Among the rosettes up for grabs were best puppy, best veteran, best rescue dog, best cross breed, best condition and for the dog with the waggiest tail.
Winner of the fancy dress competition was Dailee the golden Labrador, owned by Sian Spears. Dailee went on to win best in show with the reserve award going to Dolly, owned by Darcy Jones.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Martin said: “It was the first time we held the event and it went really well. Everyone who came along really enjoyed it.”
Away from the dog show, villagers tried to hold their nerve with a penalty shoot-out competition. Inside the church there were lots of stalls, many selling items which were donated prior to the event.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour
The event, organised by churchwarden Liz Knights, raised money for the ongoing appeal for a restroom at the church.