GALLERY: Hundreds turn out to share memories of Littleport at society’s open day
- Credit: Archant
AN open day hosted by the Littleport Society saw hundreds of residents turn out to share their memories and memorabilia.
The open day was held at The Barn, in Main Street, and saw a display of dozens of historical items and documents relating to the rich history of Littleport, from its links to Harley Davidson motorbikes through to fen skating.
Grenville Goodson, chairman of the society, said: “We decided to hold the open day again this year because there was no Littleport Show and we normally have quite a large stand there where we display items and artefacts.
“We must have had a couple of hundred people come through the door and we were kept busy all day with old photos and memories of the village.”
Mr Goodson said several items were donated to the society for future exhibitions and some new members signed up.
You may also want to watch:
The society hosts an open meeting on the first Tuesday of the month (excluding August) from 7.30pm in Littleport Village Hall.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council