GALLERY: Isle campus motor vehicle department holds open day
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING mechanics and petrolheads got an in-depth insight into the world of cars at the College of West Anglia, Isle Campus motor vehicle department’s open day on Saturday.
The event gave them the chance to meet industry employers, view demonstrations and take part in a number of interactive displays.
They experienced first-hand the college’s motor vehicle facilities including a body shop with paint booth, vehicle repair bays with ramps and a testing station incorporating a rolling road.
Course director and lecturer Bob Whalley said: “This event was not just for the public but for the trade.
“We want to build greater ties with industry to show potential employers to what depth the students are taught.
“I am going to body shops in the area to find out about the latest industry techniques so we can ensure our students are ready for employment.
“This used to be a dirty greasy job, but now it’s a technical subject requiring highly skilled technicians with a variety of specialist experience.”
- 1 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 2 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 3 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 4 Seven places where £4.9m road maintenance has been approved
- 5 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 6 Jail for paedophile who photographed abuse
- 7 Knife attack man hid over £3,500 of drugs at mum's home
- 8 Footballer, Harry, hoping for future in professional football
- 9 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 10 Depleted villagers battle on in courageous defeat
Visit http://www.cwa.ac.uk for further information about the courses on offer at the College of West Anglia.