GALLERY: Isle campus motor vehicle department holds open day
- Credit: Archant
BUDDING mechanics and petrolheads got an in-depth insight into the world of cars at the College of West Anglia, Isle Campus motor vehicle department’s open day on Saturday.
The event gave them the chance to meet industry employers, view demonstrations and take part in a number of interactive displays.
They experienced first-hand the college’s motor vehicle facilities including a body shop with paint booth, vehicle repair bays with ramps and a testing station incorporating a rolling road.
Course director and lecturer Bob Whalley said: “This event was not just for the public but for the trade.
“We want to build greater ties with industry to show potential employers to what depth the students are taught.
You may also want to watch:
“I am going to body shops in the area to find out about the latest industry techniques so we can ensure our students are ready for employment.
“This used to be a dirty greasy job, but now it’s a technical subject requiring highly skilled technicians with a variety of specialist experience.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Visit http://www.cwa.ac.uk for further information about the courses on offer at the College of West Anglia.