GALLERY: It’s a Knockout! March firm raise �1k for Little Miracles charity at fun day
A MARCH firm raised �1,000 for the Little Miracles charity at a family fun day on Saturday.
Smurfit Kappa in Hostmoor Avenue held the action-packed afternoon for staff and their families with a wide-range of activities organised to keep all ages entertained throughout the afternoon.
A manager’s ‘It’s a Knockout’ competition provided plenty of fun as competitors tackled inflatable courses while youngsters enjoyed sumo wrestling and a bouncy castle.
Sonia Vakiykas ran a cake stall which raised just under �100 and raffle tickets were sold with prizes being donated by a number of businesses including The Hippodrome (�50 food and drink voucher) and Energise Gym (three-month membership).
Further funds were raised with managers getting a good soaking in the stocks as workers and families enjoyed a BBQ in the summer sunshine.
You may also want to watch:
Terry McGivern, managing director of the March firm - part of one of the country’s leading corrugated packaging manufacturing companies - had decided that he wanted to hold an event for the branch’s employees and their families.
But it was also agreed that funds would be raised for a good cause, with Little Miracles - a charity that helps families with disabled children - being chosen as the worthy benefactors.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 4 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Grandmother calls to shut west Norfolk lakes where man, 20, drowned
- 8 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 9 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 10 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned