GALLERY: Jess could be The Kerri Parker Academy’s 2012 Model of the Year after winning catwalk competition
A FINALIST in our Face of the Fens competition is in the running to become Model of the Year after winning a training academy’s catwalk contest.
Jessica Megan, 19, beat more than 30 girls to the title of Catwalk Model of the Year at a preliminary contest in Norwich earlier this month, where she won a modelling contract and a photoshoot.
As a result she is through to the final of the 2012 Model of the Year contest and the chance to win �10,000 worth of prizes - including a shoot on the Red Sea in Egypt.
The Model of the Year contest is run by The Kerri Parker Academy to offer new models the chance to make a name for themselves in the industry.
Jessica, of Islington, near Tilney St Lawrence, was runner-up in our Face of the Fens competition, held last year in conjunction with Boome Hair and Beauty of Whittlesey.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “When Kerri announced I was the winner of Catwalk Model of the Year I was beyond happy. I’d had an amazing day and I’m so glad to have had so much support.
“I began modelling around two years ago to raise my confidence and in those two years I’ve had photoshoots, promotional jobs for car and make-up companies and entered a couple of pageants but I never expected I’d come this far.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
“I’ve got my family, friends and my fiance Zak to thank for their continued encouragement and I’m happy to have done them proud.”
The Model of the Year grand final takes place this November in Norwich. The competition is featured on the BBC.
The Kerri Parker Academy is the UK’s largest model training school. Founder Kerri Parker lives in Los Angeles as an actress and advises Jessica how to follow in her footsteps.