GALLERY: Jive Pony and Xtreme Falconry dazzle at 2011 Wisbech St Mary Village and Country Fayre
GLORIOUS sunshine and spectacular acts greeted visitors at the 2011 Wisbech St Mary Village and Country Fayre at the weekend.
The event, in its fifth year, kicked off last Thursday with the opening of the four-day beer festival followed by live music at the Wisbech St Mary Sports and Community Centre.
However, the spectacular fayre really exploded into life on Saturday with a mesmerising performance from Jive Pony - recognised by many as the UK’s leading female equestrian display team.
Tanks, classic cars and displays from Xtreme Falconry kept crowds entertained as did performances from dance troups, Alison’s Street Dance Group and Kelly’s Dance Crew.
As temperatures increased on Sunday crowds were left breathless by the stunning display from aeroplane acrobatic duo the Swipe Team.
You may also want to watch:
Graham Drew, one of the event’s organisers said: “It was another great event - the fayre just seems to get bigger and better every year.”
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 6 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'