GALLERY: Jive Pony and Xtreme Falconry dazzle at 2011 Wisbech St Mary Village and Country Fayre
GLORIOUS sunshine and spectacular acts greeted visitors at the 2011 Wisbech St Mary Village and Country Fayre at the weekend.
The event, in its fifth year, kicked off last Thursday with the opening of the four-day beer festival followed by live music at the Wisbech St Mary Sports and Community Centre.
However, the spectacular fayre really exploded into life on Saturday with a mesmerising performance from Jive Pony - recognised by many as the UK’s leading female equestrian display team.
Tanks, classic cars and displays from Xtreme Falconry kept crowds entertained as did performances from dance troups, Alison’s Street Dance Group and Kelly’s Dance Crew.
As temperatures increased on Sunday crowds were left breathless by the stunning display from aeroplane acrobatic duo the Swipe Team.
Graham Drew, one of the event’s organisers said: “It was another great event - the fayre just seems to get bigger and better every year.”
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 5 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 6 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 7 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 8 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall