GALLERY: Joint exhibition between Whittlesey Scouts and March and District Model Railway Club a big success
- Credit: Archant
Model railway enthusiasts were in for a treat when they visited a scout hall in Whittlesey earlier this month.
The 1st Whittlesey Scouts, together with March & District Model Railway Club, put on an exhibition, which was opened by the Mayor of Whittlesey David Mason, at the scout hall in Inham’s Road.
Club members proudly showed off their railway displays and refreshments were available.
More than 100 people visited the exhibition and more than £360 was raised, which will be split between the scouts and the railway club.
Norman Flack, 1st Whittlesey Scouts group leader, said: “We had a lot more people come than the year before and raised a lot more money.
You may also want to watch:
“We are very pleased with how the exhibition went and have already pencilled it in for next year.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 4 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 5 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 6 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 7 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car
- 10 NFU president visits Wimblington on East Anglia tour