Gallery: Kind-hearted businessman’s donation allows Fenland pre-school’s toddlers to enjoy Christmas party
TODDLERS at a pre-school group in March enjoyed a fun-filled Christmas party thanks to a donation from a kind-hearted businessman.
Jons Tots’ group leader Louise Reading had hoped, since taking over the group in September, to organise a special festive party but was short of funds.
However, Rob Phipps, the owner of The Pet Shop, Station Road, March, came to her rescue and donated �100 so the group’s toddlers could enjoy an early Christmas celebration.
More than 20 youngsters enjoyed party food, games, presents, music and a visit from Santa as a result of his generosity.
Ms Reading said: “I want to say a massive thank you to Rob because without his donation the party wouldn’t have happened.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone was so positive about the day, we had a great time and all the children were smiling and laughing. We hope more people will get involved with the group next year.”
Kirsty Wing and Sarah Beecham also helped organise the event for the group, which although affiliated to the church isn’t a religious pre-school.
- 1 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 2 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 3 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 MP takes a tour of school’s £14m transformation
- 8 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire
- 9 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 10 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
The group meet from 9.15-11.15am on a Monday and Wednesday at St John’s Church Hall, March. Sessions cost �1.