Gallery: Kind-hearted businessman’s donation allows Fenland pre-school’s toddlers to enjoy Christmas party
TODDLERS at a pre-school group in March enjoyed a fun-filled Christmas party thanks to a donation from a kind-hearted businessman.
Jons Tots’ group leader Louise Reading had hoped, since taking over the group in September, to organise a special festive party but was short of funds.
However, Rob Phipps, the owner of The Pet Shop, Station Road, March, came to her rescue and donated �100 so the group’s toddlers could enjoy an early Christmas celebration.
More than 20 youngsters enjoyed party food, games, presents, music and a visit from Santa as a result of his generosity.
Ms Reading said: “I want to say a massive thank you to Rob because without his donation the party wouldn’t have happened.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone was so positive about the day, we had a great time and all the children were smiling and laughing. We hope more people will get involved with the group next year.”
Kirsty Wing and Sarah Beecham also helped organise the event for the group, which although affiliated to the church isn’t a religious pre-school.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
The group meet from 9.15-11.15am on a Monday and Wednesday at St John’s Church Hall, March. Sessions cost �1.