Gallery: Kind-hearted businessman’s donation allows Fenland pre-school’s toddlers to enjoy Christmas party
TODDLERS at a pre-school group in March enjoyed a fun-filled Christmas party thanks to a donation from a kind-hearted businessman.
Jons Tots’ group leader Louise Reading had hoped, since taking over the group in September, to organise a special festive party but was short of funds.
However, Rob Phipps, the owner of The Pet Shop, Station Road, March, came to her rescue and donated �100 so the group’s toddlers could enjoy an early Christmas celebration.
More than 20 youngsters enjoyed party food, games, presents, music and a visit from Santa as a result of his generosity.
Ms Reading said: “I want to say a massive thank you to Rob because without his donation the party wouldn’t have happened.
“Everyone was so positive about the day, we had a great time and all the children were smiling and laughing. We hope more people will get involved with the group next year.”
Kirsty Wing and Sarah Beecham also helped organise the event for the group, which although affiliated to the church isn’t a religious pre-school.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
The group meet from 9.15-11.15am on a Monday and Wednesday at St John’s Church Hall, March. Sessions cost �1.