GALLERY: Live bands and karaoke at Fenland recording studio’s open day
LIVE bands and a karaoke competition featured in an open day held at a Fenland recording studio which opened 18 months ago.
Visitors to Cherry Tree Recording Studio on Euximoor Drove, Christchurch, near March, were treated to performances from Quantum, from Wisbech, Nobody’s Fool, from Manchester and Silent Jack from Birmingham on Saturday.
Sophie Bower, 17, from March came first in the karaoke competition, singing Celine Dion’s Think Twice, winning herself a day’s free recording time at the studio. She will take away a mixed and mastered CD of her performances.
Studio owner Jared Wild, a former professional drummer, said: “It’s been a fantastic day and everyone’s had a great time.
“It’s the first time I’ve held an open day here and the purpose is to introduce the studio to people in the local area.
You may also want to watch:
“Empire, who recently went on tour with Noel Gallagher did some work here and we hope to get more work as more people hear about us.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told