GALLERY: Loom band loopiness at the Light Cinema in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fenland youngsters have been going loopy for loom bands at the Light Cinema in Wisbech.
Throughout the summer holidays, workshops have been running twice a week at the cinema and so far, more than 100 children have attended.
The children have been able to make jewellery and learn how to create more advanced designs.
Emma McGuire, who organised the workshops, said: “We have been surprised at just how successful they have been. We are delighted that so many people have made the effort to come and share the fun of loom bands.
“It’s been lovely to see their creations and the expressions on their faces when they manage to complete a complicated band.
“Some of the youngsters are a lot better than our staff and they are happy to share their skills with others, which is really nice to see.
“This has been a fantastic use of our upstairs space, which we would love to see become a community venue, and we look forward to running lots more similar events in the future.”
- 1 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 2 Head of sixth form at Sir Harry Smith ‘incredibly proud’ of students' A-level results
- 3 Florida Ice Effect phenomenon could put drivers at risk
- 4 Cyclists call bicycle plates and insurance 'unenforceable and unworkable'
- 5 Students in Cambridgeshire receive ‘fantastic’ A-level results
- 6 Ramsey fire-fighters refill Horse Pond with water to save fish
- 7 Charity needs over 200 more volunteer vaccinators across Cambridgeshire
- 8 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 9 Cambridgeshire students set to receive their A-level exam results
- 10 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
The loom band workshops take place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, between 11am and 1pm. Entry is free with a valid cinema ticket for that day, or is just £1 per child. Loom bands are provided but if you have a loom board, please bring it along as the cinema only has a limited number.