GALLERY: Loom band loopiness at the Light Cinema in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
Fenland youngsters have been going loopy for loom bands at the Light Cinema in Wisbech.
Throughout the summer holidays, workshops have been running twice a week at the cinema and so far, more than 100 children have attended.
The children have been able to make jewellery and learn how to create more advanced designs.
Emma McGuire, who organised the workshops, said: “We have been surprised at just how successful they have been. We are delighted that so many people have made the effort to come and share the fun of loom bands.
“It’s been lovely to see their creations and the expressions on their faces when they manage to complete a complicated band.
You may also want to watch:
“Some of the youngsters are a lot better than our staff and they are happy to share their skills with others, which is really nice to see.
“This has been a fantastic use of our upstairs space, which we would love to see become a community venue, and we look forward to running lots more similar events in the future.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
The loom band workshops take place on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, between 11am and 1pm. Entry is free with a valid cinema ticket for that day, or is just £1 per child. Loom bands are provided but if you have a loom board, please bring it along as the cinema only has a limited number.