GALLERY: Luckily no one hurt as trailer overturns on busy Fen road shedding its load of potatoes
- Credit: Archant
Fire fighters used heavy duty water jets today not to fight a blaze but to help clear a trailer full of potatoes that shed its load.
Police blocked off the A141 at the Isle of Ely Way junction after the tractor and trailer overturned, sending thousands of potatoes flying across the carriageway.
Luckily no one was injured in the incident which happened just after 12 o’clock.
One woman at the scene said: “I stopped to help the driver before police and ambulance arrived.
“There were no injuries but obviously he was very shook up.”
You may also want to watch:
Police blocked the road for a time, later allowing vehicles through when one carriageway was re-opened.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital