Thousands line streets of Manea for village’s annual gala
- Credit: Archant
Thousands lined the streets of Manea to watch the parade make its way through village for the annual gala on Saturday (July 14).
The parade assembled at 11am outside Manea Community Primary School and School Lane and left at 11.30am to head towards the railway station.
Walking marshals monitored the parade to ensure safety, however organisers warned that any vehicles taking part should not overtake.
The parade proceeded along Station Road, High Street, Westfield Road and turned down Park Road to the playing field at 1pm where the gala was held.
One attendee said: “Every year since we moved to this great village in 2009 the MacNeil family has attended the Manea Gala.
You may also want to watch:
“We always have a great time, congratulations again to all the folks that made this year’s gala happen.
“The morning 5k run kicked off the gala in style and we’re already looking forward to next year.”
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 8 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire