Thousands line streets of Manea for village’s annual gala
- Credit: Archant
Thousands lined the streets of Manea to watch the parade make its way through village for the annual gala on Saturday (July 14).
The parade assembled at 11am outside Manea Community Primary School and School Lane and left at 11.30am to head towards the railway station.
Walking marshals monitored the parade to ensure safety, however organisers warned that any vehicles taking part should not overtake.
The parade proceeded along Station Road, High Street, Westfield Road and turned down Park Road to the playing field at 1pm where the gala was held.
One attendee said: “Every year since we moved to this great village in 2009 the MacNeil family has attended the Manea Gala.
You may also want to watch:
“We always have a great time, congratulations again to all the folks that made this year’s gala happen.
“The morning 5k run kicked off the gala in style and we’re already looking forward to next year.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning