GALLERY: March based G’s Fresh Beetroot wins Queen’s Award for Enterprise
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland based beetroot producer has picked up a prestigious business award.
G’s Fresh Beetroot Limited, of March, have won a Queen’s Award for Enterprise – the UK’s highest accolade for business success.
They were presented with the award for innovation by the Lord Lieutenant of Cambridgeshire Hugh Duberly Esq CBE at their factory at Hostmoor Avenue on Monday.
Since 2001 G’s Fresh Beetroot has introduced natural beetroot with no preservatives in vacuum-packed plastic packaging, giving a six month shelf-life.
Plastic jars have been introduced for pickles as replacement for glass jars, steam cooking developed and robotics used within the factory environment.
You may also want to watch:
Product innovations include flavour-infused ready-to-eat beetroot, convenience packs, beetroot juices and pickled beetroot packed in hot fill plastic jars.
These innovations have led the business into international markets of the USA and Australia, with development opportunities in Europe and Asia.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital