Gallery: March Royal British Legion stages fashion show
MODELS as young as 10 months took centre stage at a fashion show organised by March Royal British Legion Club on Monday.
The event was organised by the club as part of a weekend rally held by the Association of Nene River Clubs. Clothes for adults and children were supplied by M&Co.
March Middle Level Waterman’s Club hosted the rally and erected a marquee in the grounds of the British Legion club. The fashion show was just one event held in the marquee.
The annual rally is held at different venues and this year attracted more than 40 boats from numerous clubs including Northampton, Oundle, Elton and Peterborough.
Brian Gowler of the club said the number of boats had been limited because of the height of bridges and other obstacles.
Theme for the rally was ‘The roaring twenties’ and in the evenings there was lots of appropriate music and Charleston dancing.
The Middle Level members were delighted to win the sought after Ruby Plate which is awarded after a variety of tough competitions including cruiser handling.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
A special trophy was given to a couple who had travelled from New Zealand to attend the rally.
A service was held in the marquee on Sunday morning and was conducted by the East Anglian Waterways padre who lives in Suffolk and is an enthusiastic boater himself.
During the very successful weekend money was raised for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.