Gallery: March Royal British Legion stages fashion show
MODELS as young as 10 months took centre stage at a fashion show organised by March Royal British Legion Club on Monday.
The event was organised by the club as part of a weekend rally held by the Association of Nene River Clubs. Clothes for adults and children were supplied by M&Co.
March Middle Level Waterman’s Club hosted the rally and erected a marquee in the grounds of the British Legion club. The fashion show was just one event held in the marquee.
The annual rally is held at different venues and this year attracted more than 40 boats from numerous clubs including Northampton, Oundle, Elton and Peterborough.
Brian Gowler of the club said the number of boats had been limited because of the height of bridges and other obstacles.
You may also want to watch:
Theme for the rally was ‘The roaring twenties’ and in the evenings there was lots of appropriate music and Charleston dancing.
The Middle Level members were delighted to win the sought after Ruby Plate which is awarded after a variety of tough competitions including cruiser handling.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze
A special trophy was given to a couple who had travelled from New Zealand to attend the rally.
A service was held in the marquee on Sunday morning and was conducted by the East Anglian Waterways padre who lives in Suffolk and is an enthusiastic boater himself.
During the very successful weekend money was raised for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.