Gallery: March Royal British Legion stages fashion show
MODELS as young as 10 months took centre stage at a fashion show organised by March Royal British Legion Club on Monday.
The event was organised by the club as part of a weekend rally held by the Association of Nene River Clubs. Clothes for adults and children were supplied by M&Co.
March Middle Level Waterman’s Club hosted the rally and erected a marquee in the grounds of the British Legion club. The fashion show was just one event held in the marquee.
The annual rally is held at different venues and this year attracted more than 40 boats from numerous clubs including Northampton, Oundle, Elton and Peterborough.
Brian Gowler of the club said the number of boats had been limited because of the height of bridges and other obstacles.
You may also want to watch:
Theme for the rally was ‘The roaring twenties’ and in the evenings there was lots of appropriate music and Charleston dancing.
The Middle Level members were delighted to win the sought after Ruby Plate which is awarded after a variety of tough competitions including cruiser handling.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 5 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 7 Man sentenced for carrying knife after 'someone threatened'
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
A special trophy was given to a couple who had travelled from New Zealand to attend the rally.
A service was held in the marquee on Sunday morning and was conducted by the East Anglian Waterways padre who lives in Suffolk and is an enthusiastic boater himself.
During the very successful weekend money was raised for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.