Gallery: March Royal British Legion stages fashion show
MODELS as young as 10 months took centre stage at a fashion show organised by March Royal British Legion Club on Monday.
The event was organised by the club as part of a weekend rally held by the Association of Nene River Clubs. Clothes for adults and children were supplied by M&Co.
March Middle Level Waterman’s Club hosted the rally and erected a marquee in the grounds of the British Legion club. The fashion show was just one event held in the marquee.
The annual rally is held at different venues and this year attracted more than 40 boats from numerous clubs including Northampton, Oundle, Elton and Peterborough.
Brian Gowler of the club said the number of boats had been limited because of the height of bridges and other obstacles.
You may also want to watch:
Theme for the rally was ‘The roaring twenties’ and in the evenings there was lots of appropriate music and Charleston dancing.
The Middle Level members were delighted to win the sought after Ruby Plate which is awarded after a variety of tough competitions including cruiser handling.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
A special trophy was given to a couple who had travelled from New Zealand to attend the rally.
A service was held in the marquee on Sunday morning and was conducted by the East Anglian Waterways padre who lives in Suffolk and is an enthusiastic boater himself.
During the very successful weekend money was raised for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.