GALLERY: March Santa Run returns next month
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of Santas will once again run through March town centre for a good cause next month.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) will host its second annual Santa Run on Sunday November 24.
The 2,000m run will start and finish at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel. The route is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs and dogs are invited.
The Santa Run will be the centrepiece of the hotel’s Christams Fayre weekend.
Last year’s first Santa Run was a resounding success, with Santa impersonators creating a sea of red as they took over the town’s streets.
Beccy Turner, EACH fundraiser, said: “We were so pleased with the success of last year’s inaugural event that we decided to run it again.
“It’s great fun and absolutely anyone can take part - so why not sign-up, get sponsored, take part, and raise funds for EACH at the same time.
- 1 New dessert shop bids to become 'best in the area'
- 2 £4,000 raised for Natalie to live her dreams after cancer diagnosis
- 3 Family's tribute to 'son in a million' killed in motorbike crash
- 4 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 5 Covid-19 'virtual ward' will help patients recover at home
- 6 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 7 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 8 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 9 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 10 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
“Even if you’re a spectator you can have fun cheering on the Santas.
“It costs £5,300 to deliver our services across Cambridgeshire every day of the year, which is why fundraising events like the March Santa Run are so vital to the continuing work of EACH.”
Adult entry is £10 and includes a Santa suit or £8 without a suit, while entry for those aged 13 and under is £5 and includes a Santa hat. Participants are encouraged to raise sponsorship.
EACH care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
To enter online go to www.each.org.uk/santaruns or call 01223 205180 to request an entry form.