GALLERY: March Santa Run returns next month
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of Santas will once again run through March town centre for a good cause next month.
East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) will host its second annual Santa Run on Sunday November 24.
The 2,000m run will start and finish at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel. The route is suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs and dogs are invited.
The Santa Run will be the centrepiece of the hotel’s Christams Fayre weekend.
Last year’s first Santa Run was a resounding success, with Santa impersonators creating a sea of red as they took over the town’s streets.
You may also want to watch:
Beccy Turner, EACH fundraiser, said: “We were so pleased with the success of last year’s inaugural event that we decided to run it again.
“It’s great fun and absolutely anyone can take part - so why not sign-up, get sponsored, take part, and raise funds for EACH at the same time.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 6 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
“Even if you’re a spectator you can have fun cheering on the Santas.
“It costs £5,300 to deliver our services across Cambridgeshire every day of the year, which is why fundraising events like the March Santa Run are so vital to the continuing work of EACH.”
Adult entry is £10 and includes a Santa suit or £8 without a suit, while entry for those aged 13 and under is £5 and includes a Santa hat. Participants are encouraged to raise sponsorship.
EACH care for children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
To enter online go to www.each.org.uk/santaruns or call 01223 205180 to request an entry form.