GALLERY: March students take part in Christmas play and certificate presentation
Around 20 students were involved in FACET’s Christmas performance of The Grumpy Pirate at the Marwick Centre in March.
The play was the culmination of five months of hard work. during which the students made the props and rehearsed regularly in preparation for the big day.
The students parents and carers came along to lend their support and a certificate presentation was held afterwards to mark the groups achievements.
Cathy Thorne, the Centre manager, said the play was an excellent way to help the students, who have learning difficulties and brain injuries, express themselves.
She said: “The students loved it. Drama is very popular in the group.
“We teach it on Friday at the moment but are looking into adding an extra day.
“It builds their confidence and self esteem and helps with their social interaction.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday