GALLERY: March students take part in Christmas play and certificate presentation
Around 20 students were involved in FACET’s Christmas performance of The Grumpy Pirate at the Marwick Centre in March.
The play was the culmination of five months of hard work. during which the students made the props and rehearsed regularly in preparation for the big day.
The students parents and carers came along to lend their support and a certificate presentation was held afterwards to mark the groups achievements.
Cathy Thorne, the Centre manager, said the play was an excellent way to help the students, who have learning difficulties and brain injuries, express themselves.
She said: “The students loved it. Drama is very popular in the group.
You may also want to watch:
“We teach it on Friday at the moment but are looking into adding an extra day.
“It builds their confidence and self esteem and helps with their social interaction.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital