GALLERY: Mayor of March distributes funds raised during year of office at annual assembly
TEN organisations, from youth groups to churches, were given a cash boost when the Mayor of March distributed funds that were raised during his year in office.
Councillor Bernard Keane handed over a total of �2,550 from his charity account during the annual assembly of March Town Council, held on Monday at the Town Hall.
The groups to benefit were March Street Pride, Young People March, 1220 (March) Squadron Air Training Corps, March Army Cadets, 1st March Scouts, 2nd March Scouts, March Girlguiding, Friends of March Railway Station, March Catholic Church Hall Fund and St Peter’s Church Roof Fund.
The money had been raised from a series of events including the Mayor’s Ball, a race night, a civic carol service and an open gardens event.
During the assembly meeting, the Mayor and the council clerk also gave their annual reports and the accounts were presented.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Keane is coming to the end of his mayoral year; he is due to hand over the reins to Councillor Jan French at the annual meeting on May 14.
- 1 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 7 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens