GALLERY: Monthly sales that help keep St Leonard’s Church at Leverington afloat
- Credit: Archant
SHE helped raise £1,000 for the parish church last year and Mary White is hoping to go even better in 2013 with her monthly arts and craft sales.
Mrs White is vice chairman and organiser of the sales at St Leonard’s, Leverington, which help support the parish church.
Through Friends of Leverington Church, Mrs White says they can find the cash to help.
“With the money we were able to repair the church’s clock, and we were able to insert an alarm system which will protect the lead roofing”, she said.
The monthly market keeps the “church maintained” she says and “brings people back into the church again”.
She added: “With the monthly stalls the church has had a lot more interest in weddings and christenings”.
Highlight for last year was the Christmas fair which had 30 stalls and of course Santa and 150 children turned up.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 8 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend
On Saturday the church hosted 25 stalls with items ranging from preservatives, jewellery and handbags on offer.
Next market is on April 13 from 10am to noon.