GALLERY: Monthly sales that help keep St Leonard’s Church at Leverington afloat
- Credit: Archant
SHE helped raise £1,000 for the parish church last year and Mary White is hoping to go even better in 2013 with her monthly arts and craft sales.
Mrs White is vice chairman and organiser of the sales at St Leonard’s, Leverington, which help support the parish church.
Through Friends of Leverington Church, Mrs White says they can find the cash to help.
“With the money we were able to repair the church’s clock, and we were able to insert an alarm system which will protect the lead roofing”, she said.
The monthly market keeps the “church maintained” she says and “brings people back into the church again”.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “With the monthly stalls the church has had a lot more interest in weddings and christenings”.
Highlight for last year was the Christmas fair which had 30 stalls and of course Santa and 150 children turned up.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
On Saturday the church hosted 25 stalls with items ranging from preservatives, jewellery and handbags on offer.
Next market is on April 13 from 10am to noon.