Gallery: Neale-Wade transformed into New York for school prom
STUDENTS attending the Neale-Wade Community College year 11 prom got a taste of New York after they made a spectacular entrance to their show stopping event.
Pupils bedecked in their finery arrived in a variety of transport, from sumptuous limousines and horse drawn carriages to an ice cream van and cavalcade of motor cycles.
The prom theme was the Big Apple city of New York, and the arrival foyer was decorated with iconic pictures of the city that never sleeps. Each student was presented with an apple decorated with photos of themselves.
A 3D display included pictures of the Statue of Liberty and a view of Manhatten; and the pupils then took a stroll along Central Park as fairy lights and drapes decorated a corridor into the hall that became Time Square for the night.
Prom organiser Eileen Sattin said: “There were lots of fairy lights, blue uplighters to portray the night sky, and iconic pictures from Sex and the City, Chinatown and Friends.
You may also want to watch:
“Decorations included giant apples decorated with the American flag, and the buffet was in the style of a New York deli. We even beautified the toilets, with the addition of roses, sweets and toiletries.
“The event was open to all Year 11 students, and they were an absolute pleasure to be with.”
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met