GALLERY: New Fenland wedding venue unveiled in March
- Credit: Archant
A newly refurbished Fenland wedding venue went on show for the first time on Sunday, as hundreds of people flocked to a wedding fair at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel in March.
Audmoor House - a grade II listed building and a former register office - has been transformed to create a suite of rooms that can host an intimate family wedding next door to the hotel.
Wedding planner for the venue, Jo Smith, organised the wedding fair with the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, and was thrilled that the event attracted such a large crowd.
“It far exceeded our expectations,” she said. “Audmoor House looked stunning, it had been dressed for the occasion with balloons by March party shop Abracadabra and florist Corinne Turner. Most of our exhibitors were local, everyone worked really well together.
“Everyone worked very hard to get Audmoor House ready for the wedding fair, and visitors seemed really impressed, we got some great feedback. It was really rewarding to see everything come together.”
You may also want to watch:
The house includes a ceremony room, a bridal room and a guests’ waiting room, but it can also be booked for parties, conferences and interviews.
Exhibitors at the fair displayed everything from wedding gowns and formal wear for men, to wedding photography, cars, cakes, flowers, stationary, wedding rings, balloons and a toast master was on hand to give advice.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
Jo added: “The exhibitors did really well, we had a steady flow of visitors throughout the day. We were so pleased, that we are already thinking about our next wedding fair.”