GALLERY: Open day proves a knockout
OVER 100 eco-friendly paper packagers and their families enjoyed a knockout day as local firm Smurfit Kappa held a social open day on Saturday.
With more than 190 staff at the March branch there was a lot to organise to keep them, their other halves and their kids happy.
Activities included an “It’s a Knockout” competition plus bouncy castle, inflatable slides, stilt-walkers, jugglers and even a bucking bronco for the kids to hang onto.
The “It’s a Knockout” competition involved a race through an inflatable maze and a climb up some bouncy castle stairs before an all out race to the finish line.
The trophy for first place was won by engineering coordinator David Hunt who said: “It’s a triumph and victory for the engineering department and I dedicate this win to them.
You may also want to watch:
“It was nice to beat the quality department, it was a pleasure,” he said, of the department where his partner works.
Speaking about the day, quality technician Karin Ludlam said: “It was a great day, the MD was there and it was a good opportunity to meet and get to know everyone else at the site.”
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle