GALLERY: Packed Chatteris Midsummer Festival schedule revealed
- Credit: Archant
The action-packed Chatteris Midsummer Festival will run from June 27-29 at Furrowfields Recreation Ground.
For just £1, you will get entry to the Party in the Park on the Saturday evening when local singers and bands, including the acclaimed Violet Bones, will entertain and prove that the Fens has talent.
The Great Chatteris Cake Baking and Decorating Competitions return on Saturday and Sunday contestants will be at the ready for the It’s a Knockout Competition.
Friday, June 27 - Schools Day
You may also want to watch:
More than 400 pupils primary and secondary schools will take part in the day.
There will be talks and demonstrations from a range of historical periods.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The morning session runs from 9.30am-12.10pm, there will be a battle from 12.10pm-1pm and the afternoon session is from 1-3pm.
Saturday, June 28 - Party in the Park
10am: Event starts with living history encampments, stalls, funfair rides and more.
11.00am Parade leaves Church Lane
11.30am Parade arrives at site
11.45am Parade Judging
noon Pentacle Drummers
1pm Farcet Dance & Twirl Cake Competition final entry time
1.30pm the Outlaws
1.45pm Cake Judging
2.00pm Clan Wulfhar Vikings and Live Cake Decorating Competition
2.30pm Farcet Dance & Twirl
3pm Pentacle Drummers
3.30pm Zumba Demonstration
4pm Clan Wulfhar Vikings
TBC Spitfire Flypast
4.30pm Pentacle Drummers
5.00pm Party in the Park
Sunday, June 28 - It’s a Knockout
10am Event will start with living history encampments and stalls
The morning will feature the Fun Dog Show and the judging will be at 11am
12pm Tug of War Competition for teams of six onwards, entry fee £1 per person. There will be a prize for winning team. There are also competitions for children in two age groups: 8-11 and 12-15.
2pm It’s a Knock Out: Teams of six to eight competitors are invited to take part in a number of silly games and challenges designed to test the competitor’s skills and stamina. There is a prize for the winning team. Entry fee £2 per person.
There is a separate competition for younger participants aged 8 - 16.