GALLERY: Parson Drove winter wonderland raises cash for school’s swimming pool roof
THE first Winter Wonderland Craft Fair held at Parson Drove village hall has been heralded a huge success, with hundreds of people supporting the festive fund raiser.
The event was organised by the Alderman Payne Primary School’s parent council, and it raised around �850 towards the cost of putting a roof over the school’s swimming pool.
Parent council treasurer Julia Carter said: “We had an absolutely fantastic day, a lot of people said they could not believe such a great event was being held in our village.
“We have had some great feed back from people who ran the craft stalls and the visitors. It was such a success, that we are already planning to run it again next year.
“The event has completed our fund raising for the pool roof, and we hope to get the work done in time for next summer, so extending the pool’s season.”
You may also want to watch:
During the fair, Santa was visited by lots of children in his grotto, with presents arriving down the chimney. About 30 local crafts stalls were set up in the hall, with a huge range of products on sale, from jewellery and sweets, to glassware and knitted goods. Local produce on sale included jams, chutneys and cakes.
A range of Christmas puddings specially customised for the school were on sale, and school governors sold mince pies and mulled wine.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 9 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 10 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder