GALLERY: People of all ages enjoy Outwell church’s flower festival
- Credit: Archant
BEAUTIFULLY arranged flowers were on display inside St Andrew’s Methodist Church, Outwell, at the weekend.
The church, which celebrates its 50th birthday this year, welcomed people of all ages to its annual festival.
As well as the flower displays, services were held and residents from the surrounding care homes were invited along to enjoy a delicious lunch.
Margaret Spicer, one of the church stewards, said: “It was a brilliant weekend. We are very happy. Visitors from all around Fenland and beyond enjoyed it.
“The flowers were arranged by church members and people from the surrounding villages.
You may also want to watch:
“And young people from the after school club decorated the room to look like a country garden.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend