GALLERY: Peterborough United star Grant McCann comes to March
- Credit: Archant
PETERBOROUGH United midfielder Grant McCann was the star attraction at a football fun day in March on Wednesday.
The 33-year-old, who has represented Northern Ireland 39 times, spent half an hour signing autographs and chatting with scores of children at the GER.
McCann’s appearance was the highlight of a three day football camp organised by March Town United Football Club and Fenland District Council’s sports development team.
The camp was attended by more than 100 people aged four to 12.
Nick Sheppard, Peterborough United’s community manager, said: “Every child left with a signed programme, a certificate and most importantly a smile on their face.
You may also want to watch:
“The children were fantastic over all three days and we’re looking forward to returning to March again in the future.
“We’d like to say a special thank you to Paul Crosbie and the club, who welcomed us to their facility.”
- 1 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 2 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 9 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 10 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept