GALLERY: Principal “absolutely delighted” with impressive Thomas Clarkson Academy A Level results
- Credit: Archant
A Level students at Thomas Clarkson Academy have achieved the school’s best ever results, with 96 per cent of entrants gaining A* to E grades.
There has also been a nine per cent improvement, from 55 to 64 per cent, in A*-C grades across both AS and A2, with the greatest gains in English, Maths and Science.
All students who applied to university have been offered a place.
Holly Beresford and Jake Tuck gained the best individual A Level results achieved at the school.
Holly gained A in Maths, B in Chemistry and C in Biology and Jake achieved A in Maths, C in History and C in Physics.
You may also want to watch:
14-year-old Yousuf Bin-Suhayl studied A Level Physics and Chemistry at the Academy and achieved A grades in both subjects.
Two students gained straight A grades in all four of their AS subjects - Akshay Kishor and Mayra Brandao both achieved A grades in AS Level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Have your say on new political map for Fenland council
Principal Clare Claxton said: “I am absolutely delighted that the majority of students have got the grades they need to get into university or further education.
“This reflects the hard work that the students have put in and the improving quality of teaching at Thomas Clarkson Academy.”