GALLERY: Pupils from seven Fenland schools compete in mega sports day at Sir Harry Smith Community College
- Credit: Archant
About 200 pupils from seven primary schools took part in a mega sports day competition on Friday.
Budding young athletes, tennis players and hockey stars tested themselves against their Fenland rivals during the Sainsbury’s School Games event, which was held at Sir Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey.
The winners have progressed to a county competition on June 27 in St Ives.
The schools involved were Burrowmoor and All Saints Primary Schools from March, Park Lane Primary School from Whittlesey, Glebelands and Kingsfield Schools from Chatteris, Coates Primary School and Elm Primary School.
Di Baker, partnership manager and school games organiser for the Witchford School Sports Partnership, said: “We want to get more children involved in sport and taking part in competitions.
You may also want to watch:
“For the keen sportsmen it is a chance for them to progress to the next level and test themselves against the best in the county.”
On Friday, June 6, at Littleport Leisure Centre, 600 young people will take part in tennis, hockey and athletics competitions as well as a tag rugby taster session.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November