GALLERY: Pupils from seven Fenland schools compete in mega sports day at Sir Harry Smith Community College
- Credit: Archant
About 200 pupils from seven primary schools took part in a mega sports day competition on Friday.
Budding young athletes, tennis players and hockey stars tested themselves against their Fenland rivals during the Sainsbury’s School Games event, which was held at Sir Harry Smith Community College in Whittlesey.
The winners have progressed to a county competition on June 27 in St Ives.
The schools involved were Burrowmoor and All Saints Primary Schools from March, Park Lane Primary School from Whittlesey, Glebelands and Kingsfield Schools from Chatteris, Coates Primary School and Elm Primary School.
Di Baker, partnership manager and school games organiser for the Witchford School Sports Partnership, said: “We want to get more children involved in sport and taking part in competitions.
“For the keen sportsmen it is a chance for them to progress to the next level and test themselves against the best in the county.”
On Friday, June 6, at Littleport Leisure Centre, 600 young people will take part in tennis, hockey and athletics competitions as well as a tag rugby taster session.
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 3 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 6 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 7 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 8 ‘Loved and valued volunteer’ shares her special bond with charity
- 9 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim