GALLERY: Rain is no obstacle as fund-raisers host mini Olympics in March pub
A PUB’S beer garden was transformed into an obstacle course on Monday as fund-raisers held a mini Olympics in March.
Wet weather meant the event could not go ahead on Sunday but competitors returned the following day to battle it out over wooden beams and rope ladders.
Ellie Belger and Scott Simmons were crowned as winners, pipping six other teams to take the prize over six events.
The event, organised by Sarah White, Adam White, Vicki Wright, Stuart Anderson, Kevin Thorley and AJ O’Neil, raised �230 for Macmillan Cancer Support and a further �50 for Thorpe Hall Hospice, in Peterborough.
Vicki has just returned from a fund-raising hike in Peru while Adam, Stuart, Kevin and AJ are all in training for a 5km sponsored Spartan obstacle race.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah thanked face-painter Lauren Goode, of Fabulous Faces, and Teresa Carter, Louise Bird and Leonie Watson for holding a successful cake stall.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover