GALLERY: Rare vintage 1950s motorcycles up for auction in Peterborough
- Credit: Archant
A selection of rare vintage 1950s motorcycles are entered for British Car Auction (BCA) Peterborough’s next Motorbike Auction on Friday.
A further 150 bikes from a variety of fleet, finance and dealer sellers will also be on display
The five vintage bikes, plus an assortment of engines and a frame come from a single collection and are presented in good condition.
The collection includes two fully refurbished British-built Bown light motorcycle models from the early 1950s with Villiers engines, one finished in light blue with claret trim and panniers and the second in claret with gold trim and fitted with an engine fairing and rear basket.
The collection also includes two rare French light motorcycles, an Alcyon finished in light green and needing some refurbishment and an Armor in black with gold and silver trim with panniers.
You may also want to watch:
The sale also features a very rare Mercury scooter in claret and white with gold trim, built by a British manufacturer between 1956 and 1958. Two vintage Villiers engines, a Bown frame and other parts will be offered on the day.
The sale also offers a fabulous mix of ‘bikes, from cheap and cheerful mopeds to full-on sports bikes, with a good selection in ‘ready to retail’ condition including models by Harley-Davidson, Honda, Yamaha, Triumph, BMW, Kawasaki, Ducati and Suzuki.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
The sale starts at 1pm at BCA Peterborough, Boongate PE1 5AH and all are welcome to attend and bid on the day.
For full details and catalogue listings go to bca.co.uk.