GALLERY: Readers’ photographs of the blaze which destroyed Fenland plastics factory
CAMBS Times readers sent in their photographs of the blaze which ripped through a Fenland plastics factory yesterday.
Firefighters from across Cambridgeshire tackled the blaze at Plasgran in Manea Road, Wimblington, yesterday. An investigation is set to be launched to discover the cause.
Moments after the blaze broke out Tony Kolleng, of March, who hangars a microlight at the nearby North London Parachute Centre, took to the skies over Plasgran and took our aerial shot.
Mr Kolleng said: “I was at the centre at the time when I saw the smoke so went up in the microlight with a friend. He took the controls while I took the picture.”
Barry Giddings was leaving work at G’s Beetroot in March when he saw the thick smoke billowing across the town.
He said: “As I went to clock off I could see it over the houses. The smoke is going over the bypass and into Wimblington - you could see it from the other side of town. It just started getting blacker and blacker.
“The smell was quite strong. It didn’t just smell like smoke it smelt toxic. It wasn’t pleasant.”
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 3 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 4 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 5 Andre Rieu brings new summer concert to Cambridgeshire cinemas
- 6 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 7 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 9 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 10 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
Fleur de Lyys, of Guyhirn, and Roger Newark, of Doddington, also took photographs of the blaze.
All their photographs - and those taken by our photographer Brian Purdy - are now available to view in galleries by clicking the links at the top of this page.
To submit your photographs, e-mail email@example.com