GALLERY: Readers’ photographs of the blaze which destroyed Fenland plastics factory
CAMBS Times readers sent in their photographs of the blaze which ripped through a Fenland plastics factory yesterday.
Firefighters from across Cambridgeshire tackled the blaze at Plasgran in Manea Road, Wimblington, yesterday. An investigation is set to be launched to discover the cause.
Moments after the blaze broke out Tony Kolleng, of March, who hangars a microlight at the nearby North London Parachute Centre, took to the skies over Plasgran and took our aerial shot.
Mr Kolleng said: “I was at the centre at the time when I saw the smoke so went up in the microlight with a friend. He took the controls while I took the picture.”
Barry Giddings was leaving work at G’s Beetroot in March when he saw the thick smoke billowing across the town.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “As I went to clock off I could see it over the houses. The smoke is going over the bypass and into Wimblington - you could see it from the other side of town. It just started getting blacker and blacker.
“The smell was quite strong. It didn’t just smell like smoke it smelt toxic. It wasn’t pleasant.”
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
Fleur de Lyys, of Guyhirn, and Roger Newark, of Doddington, also took photographs of the blaze.
All their photographs - and those taken by our photographer Brian Purdy - are now available to view in galleries by clicking the links at the top of this page.
To submit your photographs, e-mail email@example.com