GALLERY: School gets a helping hand from Olympic themed summer fair
LAUGHING, smiling, determined fund raisers helped to raise around �1,000 to benefit a March school.
Friends of All Saints held an Olympic themed summer fair on Saturday and pulled in the crowds- and the cash.
“It was a great community event,” said Tanya Roberts, vice chair of the Friends of All Saints.
“It’s an annual event but this year we decided to make it even more of a community event,” she said.
“It was definitely one of our better fund raisers and everyone is delighted.”
You may also want to watch:
She said the Friends group is kept busy organising a variety of events throughout the year including discos, fashion shows and a bonfire night.
“We’re a small group of about eight mums and one dad- and he’s not only the chairman but also my husband Paul,” she added.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government