GALLERY: Soham students dress to impress at Prom Fair and Fashion Show
- Credit: Archant
Pupils wore dinner suits and ballgowns as part of a Prom Fair and Fashion Show on Tuesday.
Twenty 15 and 16-year-olds took to the catwalk in Soham Village College’s performing arts centre to model suits and ballgowns in a bid to help fellow Year 11s choose what to wear for their June prom.
At the event, organised by the school’s Home and College Association, stalls were set up featuring everything from floral decorations to shoes and handbags.
Hairdressers, make-up artists and nail technicians pampered students ahead of the catwalk show and gave advice to future prom attendees.
The evening ended with a fashion show featuring pupils in outfits from Ely wedding and prom dress company Dress to Address and Bury St Edmunds based Gerald Boughton Menswear and Formal Hire.
You may also want to watch:
One of the organisers, Ruth McNaughton, said: “It was a really lovely evening. The young models did superbly and really involved the audience. Everyone seemed to have a great time and went away with lots of ideas.
“The sale of tickets meant the Home and College raised some money to help support school projects and the Prom Committee organised a raffle and sold refreshments, the proceeds of which will go towards their vintage rock and roll themed prom later this year.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success