Gallery: Some of our quirkiest photographs from in and around March during 2010
OUR photographers have been on hand throughout 2010 to bring you some of the quirkiest and heart-warming images of life in and around March.
We were there to capture Fenland District Council leader Alan Melton giving one of his first speeches to cabinet but he hasn’t been the only colourful character to grace our pages this year.
We’ve also caught the town mayor going for a run, the organiser of the March carnival parade taking to the streets in clown’s clothing and even our editor leaving himself open to punishment as he took to the stocks during the St George’s Day fair in April.
Here’s one great picture from every month which shows just some of the amazing and bizarre moments from 2010 - we expect 2011 to be just as weird and wonderful!
You may also want to watch:
January - Alan Melton was appointed as FDC leader but councillor Kit Owen appeared to not want to listen.
February - Staff and pupils at Cavalry Primary School dressed up for the end of their book week.
- 1 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 2 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 3 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 4 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 5 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 New ditch to relieve flood issues 'more challenging than expected'
- 8 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 9 'A crash waiting to happen' say police
- 10 ‘Shift well spent!’: Fen Cops target illegal motorists in day of action
March - Cub Scouts enjoyed a healthy breakfast at Sainsbury’s before joining in a fun run to raise �200 for Sport Relief
April - Our editor, John Elworthy, takes to the stocks during the St George’s Day fair
May - Reg Kemp dressed as a clown after organising the town’s carnival parade
June - Edward Gowler of Skylark Garden Centre and Jane Croft with two micro pigs
July - Andrew Pugh, the town mayor, training for the Great North Run
August - Jonathan Groves had his body waxed to raise around �200 towards the cost of a cardiac monitor at the town’s Riverside Surgery
September - Councillor Jan French erupted at white liners who painted around parked cars in the market place
October - Cllr Melton raised a laugh among Cllr Peter Murphy and Cllr French when the council’s charity stall returned
November - Town council clerk Clive Lemmon adopts the Britannia pose after the shield fell from the town hall
December - Hussein Emin and Michelle Spendelow - who are partners and run shops next door to each other - graced this paper on Christmas Eve.