GALLERY: Sports awards at Neale Wade Academy March
- Credit: Archant
Neale Wade Academy’s physical education department held its annual presentation evening to celebrate the sporting successes of students.
Now into its eight year, the event saw more than 200 students, parents and teaching staff gather in the academy main hall for the event.
Academy Principal Jason Wing gave special thanks to Miss Lucas who is retiring after 37 years of teaching at the Hereward school and then at Neale Wade.
Mr Wing said: “Miss Lucas has been an excellent teacher and colleague to everybody who has ever had the privilege to work with her or been taught by her.
Her leaving will be a massive loss to the school and especially the Physical Education department and we all wish her well in her well-deserved retirement.”
You may also want to watch:
Awards were presented in a range of sports that students compete in for the academy as well as the individual sportsman and woman of the year for each year group. Other trophies were presented for improvement, leadership and effort.
The show piece award, The Chris Hill Award For Outstanding Contribution To Sports, was presented to Fran Plitsch who has represented the academy in numerous sports over her five years at Neale Wade, as well as being a county cricketer.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
March Town Football Club’s manager Chris Bartlett spoke about the importance of community links between all the local sports clubs and the academy.