GALLERY: St Peter’s Church craft festival
SAINT Peter’s Church craft festival proved a hit with handicrafters on Saturday when artists, jewellery-makers and card-makers unveiled their wares in the church hall on Saturday, September 29.
The festival was a great chance for crafty locals to have some fun, discover their hidden talents and treat themselves to something individually handmade.
There were exhibitions and stalls featuring handmade jewellery and cards, hand-carved wooden sculptures, hand-woven fabric and flower arrangements.
Helpful handicrafters also demonstrated shamballa bracelet making, sand art and cupcake decorating to develop the skills of arty onlookers.
Rev Jenny Webb said: “There was a steady stream of people throughout the day and they particularly enjoyed looking through the exhibitions and the demonstrations.
You may also want to watch:
“The refreshments were much appreciated too!
“Over the whole weekend, including the harvest lunch on Sunday which was attended by well over a hundred people, we made a profit of about �1,000 and that goes towards maintaining the church for the future.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 7 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
For more information about St Peter’s Church, March, you can visit: www.stpeterschurchmarch.co.uk.