GALLERY: St Peter’s church in March hosts its Christmas Fayre
ST Peter’s church in March held their annual Christmas Fayre on Saturday.
Visitors were treated to Father Christmas, a vintage bicycle exhibition, a woodcraft stall, a card stall, draws and a tombola.
The stalls raised �800 and with food included the total amount raised was more than �1,000.
David Collision, who is church warden, said: “It went very well.
“When I walked around it was all very bristling and busy and Father Christmas was very much in evidence.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will go towards the church’s �60,000 annual costs,
Mr Collision invited March residents to come along and enjoy the church’s peaceful surroundings.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
He said: “We have the church open all day everyday for the town’s people to walk in and sit quietly whatever faith they may have.”