GALLERY: The Gables, Chatteris, reopens next week after £300,000 makeover
- Credit: Archant
THE Gables care home, in Chatteris, reopens on Monday following a £300,000 upgrade and renovation by its new owners.
The Home, which had been empty for more than a year, reopens after it was purchased by the Black Swan Care Group in September 2012.
Since the purchase more than £300,000 has been invested into the home to bring quality up to the high standards demanded by residents and their families.
Improvements to the Home include much-improved access for staff and residents, new lounge and dining rooms, upgraded bathing and showering facilities, 20 new bedroom en suites, a refurbished kitchen and redecoration and re-carpeting.
All bedrooms have been freshly decorated with new carpets, furniture and soft furnishings, and all are fitted with new 32in flatscreen televisions.
You may also want to watch:
The Gables, in East Park Street, is registered to care for 49 elderly residents.
In total, 50 staff will be recruited. All staff will have to complete the Homes comprehensive training programme to assist them in providing the level of care expected in the home.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
The Black Swan Care Group, based in Norwich, opened its first Home in Hunstanton in 1994 and has slowly grown over the years. It now owns 12 Homes in East Anglia.
• To arrange a viewing, contact 01354 693858.