GALLERY: The Script send records tumbling in Thetford Forest
A NEW record attendance was set for a concert in Thetford Forest last night as The Script delighted a 9,500-strong crowd.
It is about 14 years since the woodland venue started staging gigs and the appeal of the Irish band ensured that the new high was recorded.
Many well known acts have appeared at Thetford over the years from Status Quo to Ed Sheeran but none have managed to match the size of last night’s audience.
The Script last played at Thetford two years ago and since then they have become established on the global stage.
Their album sales have topped four million and the number of singles bought is heading towards 10 million.
You may also want to watch:
Front man Danny O’Donoghue’s own meteoric personal rise to stardom has been accelerated with his key role as one of the four judges on the BBC’s hit talent show The Voice.
As O’Donoghue burst on to the stage he said: “Let me hear you scream. I wish you guys could see what I see.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
“I cannot believe the amount of people here - it is incredible.”
A perfect summer’s night greeted the huge crowd and they were thrilled by the Dubliners’ set which included many of their hits including We Cry, Hall of Fame, The Six Degrees of Separation, Millionaires, If You Could See Me Now, The Man who Can’t Be Moved, Nothing and For The First Time.
The concert ended in style with a colourful storm of confetti scattered over the arena.
The gig was the first in the second half of the Thetford summer season and it continues tonight with Paul Weller and ends tomorrow night with Elvis Costello and the Imposters.
Paul Weller has sold out but tickets are still available for Elvis Costello and The Imposters. Tickets are available by ringing the box office on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music