GALLERY: This year’s Gorefield Show promises to be better than ever
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of people will gather on Saturday, June 14 for the 52nd annual Gorefield Show.
Last year’s spectacular effort featured a Red Arrows fly past, horse and pony shows, carriage driving, vintage vehicle displays, a dog show and fairground rides.
This year’s extravaganza, which takes place at the Playing Fields in Wolf Lane, promises to be equally exciting - the show will kick of at 8am with an expanded pony show, which is now a qualifier for the British Show Pony Society and Ponies Association (UK).
The ponies will be closely followed by their larger relatives; the heavy horses, Shires, Percherons and Suffolk Punch, which will be exhibited in the main ring.
There will be a falconry display in the main ring courtesy of Mike Willis and his team and new for this year are climbing walls - suitable for all ages and abilities.
You may also want to watch:
There is also a bouncy castle, swing boats, a teacup ride and athletic competitions with cash prizes.
Throughout the day there will be a parade of classic and vintage cars and tractors, carriage driving, fancy dress and novelty dog classes.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
The dogs will be judged on the waggiest tail, the best six legs and the dog which most looks like his owner.
If that is not enough, the showground will boast an excellent range of side shows and country stalls, along with ample food and refreshments.
A Gorefield Show spokesman said: “The Gorefield Show is a great day out for all the family and is great value for money for a full day’s entertainment.”
Entry is Adults £3, Children and OAP’s £2, car on the show field £7 (not including occupants).
Disabled parking is provided for free on the field and there is a free car park for all opposite the showground at the Halifax yard.
For more information, contact chairman David Newling on 01945 870723 or 07836 561225 or Jo Mitchell on 01945 870988 or 07931 560172
Main Ring Running Order
9.30 am – Judging of Heavy Horse Classes commences
12.30pm – Falconry display
1pm – Pre-School Fancy Dress – Circus theme
1.15pm – Parade of Classic Cars and Motor Cycles
1.45pm – Fun Dog Event
2.30pm – Turnout – Heavy Horses
3.00pm – Grand Parade
3.30pm – Parade of Tractors and Machinery