Gallery: Thousands turn out for another “excellent” Whittlesey Christmas Extravaganza
THOUSANDS of people joined in the fun as Whittlesey celebrated another Christmas with its annual extravaganza.
“It was excellent,” said Shirley Wright of Whittlesey and District Business Forum, which organised Friday’s event.
The event, opened by NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay, saw festive charity stalls packed in the town centre alongside raffles, tombolas, a funfair, balloon modelling and face painting.
Santa also made an appearance in his grotto and a number of shops opened late offering Festive bargains.
Peterborough Highland Pipe Band was unable to attend because of illnesses, but Cambridge Caledonian Pipe Band stepped in at short notice and provided a few players.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wright said: “It was a brilliant performance and we are very grateful for their efforts.”
The Christmas window competition was won by eight-year-old Kitty May.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 8 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 9 Tory jubilation short-lived in Fenland as they lose control of county council
- 10 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met