Gallery: Thousands turn out for another “excellent” Whittlesey Christmas Extravaganza
THOUSANDS of people joined in the fun as Whittlesey celebrated another Christmas with its annual extravaganza.
“It was excellent,” said Shirley Wright of Whittlesey and District Business Forum, which organised Friday’s event.
The event, opened by NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay, saw festive charity stalls packed in the town centre alongside raffles, tombolas, a funfair, balloon modelling and face painting.
Santa also made an appearance in his grotto and a number of shops opened late offering Festive bargains.
Peterborough Highland Pipe Band was unable to attend because of illnesses, but Cambridge Caledonian Pipe Band stepped in at short notice and provided a few players.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Wright said: “It was a brilliant performance and we are very grateful for their efforts.”
The Christmas window competition was won by eight-year-old Kitty May.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations