GALLERY: Top pupils recognised at Neale-Wade Academy’s annual Awards Evening
- Credit: Archant
The academic achievements of pupils was celebrated at Neale-Wade Academy’s annual Awards Evening yesterday.
The academy’s sponsors, The Active Learning Trust provided two awards for academic achievement in Year 11 and Year 12. The Year 11 winner was Chloe Baxter for her performance in her GCSE examinations whilst the Year 12 award went to Isobel Mawby for her AS results.
Principal Jason Wing said: “Both of these young ladies compare very well to the brightest students across the country and they prove that the children of Fenland can compete at the highest level on an academic footing.”
Other year group winners were: Year 7 – Ania Daniels-Uribarri; Year 8 Leigh Cordery; Year 9 Imogen Love; Year 10 Samuel Craigie; Year 11 Chloe Spencer.
Musical entertainment was provided by the academy woodwind ensemble and the group Frivolity.
You may also want to watch:
Comperes for the evening were junior head boy and girl, Jack Butler and Maddeline Pooley along with their senior counterparts Alex Field and Kate Whinnett.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'