GALLERY: Town sign in Chatteris gets a make over thanks to generosity of local business folk
- Credit: Archant
The town sign in Chatteris has been given a make over thanks to the generosity of two local business people.
Artist and publican Richard Savage helped with a re-design and freshen up whilst woodwork repairs were undertaken by Kelvin Palmer.
Joanne Melton, the town clerk, said the original sign had last been refreshed at the turn of the century.
The person who provided the original sign had left town, she said, and so therefore Richard and Kelvin stepped in with an offer to help give it a make over.
“The town council paid for the materials but both Richard and Kelvin gave their services free,” she said. “We’re very grateful to them and the sign looks terrific.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a great asset to the town and we’re delighted with the way it’s all turned out.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache