GALLERY: TV retail guru Alex Polizzi at restyled Chatteris garden centre as part of her show The Fixer
- Credit: Archant
MONTHS of hard work paid off when TV retail guru Alex Polizzi welcomed crowds of visitors to the Oak Garden Centre in Chatteris, as part of her new BBC2 series The Fixer.
The garden centre has been totally restyled after receiving advice from Alex and her team - and the premises staged a winter market on Friday to showcase their new look premises.
David and Lynn White help their son Brad run the centre. David said: “Our time with Alex has been really hard work and a strange journey. We have all learned a terrific amount from it, and I hope it will secure our future.”
The winter market was supported by about 40 stallholders, and a large number of visitors were transported to the London Road venue by C and G Coaches.
“Everyone was really complimentary about the new look premises,” said David. “The stallholders sold everything from cheese and glassware to jewellery and 1940s paraphernalia, it was a lovely mix.
You may also want to watch:
“We were also pleased to welcome the Mayor of Chatteris, Councillor John Chambers, and Dave ‘Boy’ Green.”
The Fixer TV programme is a series that follows family run businesess that need a helping hand to take them forward.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
As part of the exercise, three greenhouses at the Oak Garden Centre were refurbished, and the main shop was restyled into French rustic chic. The second shop area now boasts areas for children’s activities, an advice area, and the sale of sundries. Cosmetic changes have also been made to the garden centre’s restaurant, The Gardener’s Retreat.
“Alex was really pleased with the outcome,” added David. “She was really complimentary about how hard the staff worked, they rose to the challenge and were always positive.”
The Fixer programme that features the garden centre is due to be screened on BBC2 sometime in March.