GALLERY: Upwell enjoys third Fun Pony Show of 2012
SHOWJUMPING starters got a taste of the action at Upwell’s third Fun Pony Show and Gymkhana of the year.
The Upwell Playing Field Committee began the show last year as a relaxed introduction to the world of pony shows.
“It’s very relaxed. It’s not a qualifier for anything, we just do it purely for raising funds for the playing field,” organiser Ros Shorting said.
Saturday’s (August 25) show was the third of 2012, with a fourth yet to come on September 29 when the pony show is combined with a Family Fun Dog Show.
“It’s something we started last year and it has gradually increased,” Mrs Shorting said.
You may also want to watch:
The event helped the Playing Field Committee raise money towards its new sports pavilion.
Building work on the facility started earlier this year so �30,000 of Section 106 money, given to the project by developers of a nearby housing estate, would not be lost.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
That has enabled the group to put the structure of the building in place but it still needs �60,000 to complete the project.
Anyone interested in donating to the pavilion appeal should contact Mrs Shorting on 01945 773604.