GALLERY & VIDEO: As power cuts hit March because of the floods our readers tell their story in photographs and video
- Credit: Archant
Almost 1,000 homes and businesses in March are without power because of the flash floods.
Five hundred shoppers had to be evacuated from Tesco, part of a riverbank collapsed and many roads flooded within minutes of torrential rain hitting March today.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: “UK Power Networks engineers are working hard to restore power to customers in part of March following a fault in one of our substations in the area.
“We would like to reassure our customers that we are working as quickly as is safely possible to restore their supplies as soon as we can and are currently investigating the cause.
“We realise how difficult it can be to be without power and apologise for any inconvenience.”
You may also want to watch:
Trains, at this present time, are still running to and from March.
TRAFFIC UPDATES - disruptions
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 7 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 8 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
A47 Wisbech, both ways between B198 Cromwell Road and A1101 Elm High Road
A47 Cambridgeshire - Very slow traffic on A47 in both directions in Wisbech between the B198 Cromwell Road junction and the A1101 Elm High Road junction, because of flooding. Approach with care.
A141 Isle Of Ely Way March, both ways at B1099 Wisbech Road
A141 Cambridgeshire - Slow traffic on A141 Isle Of Ely Way in both directions in March at the B1099 Wisbech Road junction, because of flooding. Approach with care.
Nene Parade March, both ways between Wigstone’s Road and B1101 High Street
Cambridgeshire - Nene Parade in March closed between the Wigstone’s Road junction and the B1101 High Street junction, because of a landslip.
A141 Fenland Way Chatteris, northbound between B1050 Huntingdon Road and A142
A141 Cambridgeshire - Slow traffic on A141 Fenland Way northbound in Chatteris between the B1050 Huntingdon Road junction and the A142 junction.