GALLERY: Visitors flock to G’s for Farm Sunday - and get an extra hour because of record numbers!
- Credit: Archant
THEY broke records at G’s Hainey Farm at Barway outside Ely on Sunday when an impressive 3,100 visitors flocked to the annual open day.
It was the seventh year G’s has taken part at the farm which has been owned and run by the Shropshire family for three generations.
In fact the attendance was so huge the farm stayed open an extra hour to cope with the numbers attending.
Open Farm Sunday is a nationwide initiative run by LEAF (Linking Environment And Farming) and offers the chance for young and old to meet the farmers who grow their food and care for the countryside.
Tractors took visitors out to see crops being harvested while back ‘at base’ demonstrations and videos showed how farming in the 21st century works.
You may also want to watch:
Hugely popular was the farmers’ market which featured Corkers Crisps, the Cambridge Cheese Company, Cobs Bakery, Ely Gin and La Hogue.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 8 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 9 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital