Gallery: Vogue magazine beckons for Fenland’s Little Pig Farm
FENLAND’S much-adored micro pigs are to make a big splash in glitzy international fashion magazine Vogue.
Jane Croft’s cute household pets were given Hollywood-style treatment in a glamourous photoshoot which continues their rise to stardom.
An A-list celebrity is even rumoured to want to buy a micro piglet to parade on the showbusiness circuit as Little Pig Farm in Christchurch continues to sell the pets around the world.
Ms Croft is also holding public viewings at Skylark Garden Centre in Wimblington to stop people pestering her at home for a look at the pigs.
Ms Croft said: “The micro pig craze has just exploded. There’s a real love for these animals.
You may also want to watch:
“They make fantastic pets and I want to show people how they can keep them and make sure they know about the responsibilities.”
The micro pig breeder quit her job to spend 14-hour days keeping up with the demand for the 12-inch trotters.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 8 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
- 9 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 10 More than one million vaccines given across Cambs
She supplied them from her farm to homes in Russia, America and other countries as well as excited fans in this country.
Ms Croft has also become an ambassador for safe pig-keeping. She has set up the British Pet Pigs Society to give people information about what their responsibilities are when they keep pigs in the home.
She is writing a book about the subject so owners can have a faithful manual to help them look after the micro pigs.
Ms Croft said: “I want people to do it properly and know all the regulations about keeping micro pigs so they can be responsible owners.”
The pigs will feature in Vogue’s Russian edition in the coming months.