GALLERY: We are the Champions: Half Infinity win Fenland Battle of the Bands
FIVE-PIECE metal band Half Infinity beat four other groups to be crowned champions of the Fenland Battle of the Bands competition.
Danny Scott, Michael Chipperfield, Kieran Jordan, Ben Wainwright and Jack Lindsay (stand-in bassist) only formed a year ago but won the competition at The Manor, Whittlesey which was run by Art and Soul and Fenland District Council.
Their unique style of shredding riffs, melodic harmonies and catchy hooks was enough to impress the panel of judges which included music promoters Danny Ackerley and Michael Douglass, Councillor Kit Owen, Steve Garrett and Amy Wilson.
Half Infinity were awarded a host of prizes including a chance to perform on the Main Stage of the Willow Festival next year after they were chosen ahead of Death Radio, Armed for a Crisis, I Want a Treehouse and Deuce Coupe.
The band also won recording time at Grange Farm, a live gig photo shoot with judge Danny Ackerley, a �50 voucher at Guitar Shack and a gig at Club Revolution in Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
Mel Elliot, of Art and Soul, said: “The audience was treated to some really great music and the atmosphere was a perfect platform upon which the bands could display their very best on-stage talents. It was an exciting and very close finish; however, a particularly energetic, tight and dynamic performance from Half Infinity gave them an impressive and well deserved victory.
“It has been great working alongside the musicians, all of whom were incredibly enthusiastic throughout. We are also grateful to the sound and lighting crew, the judges, compere and all those who offered such worthwhile prizes.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 6 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash